Congratulations on your new website! What do you do now? Great question! We've included a few tips to help you and your team kick-start your online presence in addition to your website!
SET UP YOUR EMAILS!
- If you haven’t already, set up your property management company name as your email domain. This helps earn customers’ trust as a legitimate business.
- Sending emails with your own business name allows you to promote your business with each email you send!
START YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING!
- Create accounts where your target customer is! Facebook and Instagram are great starting places as you can post similar content to both!
- Youtube is also a necessity as it is where all your website and blog videos will be hosted!
- Keep your social strategy simple! You want to be consistent so don’t create a plan that you can’t stick to! Even posting once a week is better than nothing!
- Check out our social ideas here to get you started!
BEEF UP YOUR PERSONAL SOCIAL MEDIA
Social media can be a great resource for your property management business. Many property managers join groups on LinkedIn or Facebook to network, get ideas, and ask questions. Here are a few group suggestions.
- LinkedIn - NARPM - National Association of Residential Property Managers
- Facebook - Property Management Mastermind
*Please note, PMW is not affiliated or directly associated with any social media groups, these are only recommendations based on customer feedback.
OPTIMIZE YOUR GOOGLE MY BUSINESS LISTING!
GMB is an essential part of any business’s online presence. It’s often the first place a potential customer will look for up-to-date information before clicking on your website!
Check out how to optimize your Google My Business Listing Here!
WHAT IS NAP?
Great question! NAP stands for Name, Address, Phone Number...
- These are the crucial details search engines use to validate your business. Google is so detail-focused that it even sees a difference in Street vs St. in your address.
- Your GMB is the standard for your information. All other platforms should match your GMB listing. Be sure to include your NAP on all of your social media platform bios too!
CREATE VIDEOS FOR YOUR SERVICE LANDING PAGES
Video is the best way to engage your audience and explain your services.
Your videos should be short, sweet, and to the point. Potential owners find value in putting a face to a name with who will be managing their property.
Service Video Examples include Marketing, Tenant Screening, Rent Collection, Maintenance, Accounting, Evictions, and more!
GET INVOLVED LOCALLY!
- Sign up for your local listings including the Better Business Bureau (BBB), Yellow Pages, your local Chambers of Commerce, Thumbtack, Citysearch.com, localpages.com, Yahoo Local & more to add more links to your new website. Adding backlinks can help increase your domain authority.
- Many of these local sites will provide you with a badge to put in the footer of your website.
ORGANIZE YOUR PEOPLE!
- When was the last time you had updated headshots of your team? With the launch of your new website, this is the best time to get updated headshots of all your staff along with updated bios!
- By gathering all this information now, it will only make it easier when creating your about us page, one of the most viewed pages on any property management companies website.
Check out these additional resources or contact Support at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!