RentScreener's application requires a SSN for screening through the bureau, TransUnion. When applicant's do not have SSN's and have ITIN, TransUnion asks that the applicant enter in all 0's for the SSN field. This will allow the applicant to continue through to the end of application and the screening to be done through TransUnion. Please see below how TransUnion screens applicant without a SSN.
When we see all 0’s come through, we know that is going to be the international application because no one’s SSN is all 0’s. So it triggers the same thing.
A credit report is going to be run and it is possible information will come back – we can pull this based on name, date of birth and address info that it input in a lot of cases. If nothing is available, it will say No Record Found.
Our criminal search includes searching the following databases:
• Instant felonies and misdemeanors from state and local jurisdictions in 47 states
• Instant sex offender public registries from all 50 states plus the District of Columbia
• Instant Federal data including:
– Drug Enforcement Administration
– FBI’s Most Wanted
– Homeland Security investigations
– Interpol fugitives
– U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Most Wanted
– U.S. Marshals Service Most Wanted
– U.S. Postal Service Most Wanted
– U.S. Secret Service Most Wanted Fugitives
– U.S. Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)